The SIMS Foundation provides access and financial support for mental health and addiction recovery services to Austin music industry professionals and their families. Each year SIMS connects hundreds of music professionals with counseling, psychiatric, and addiction treatment services that include:
- Short and long-term individual, family, and band counseling;
- Psychiatric evaluations and ongoing medication management;
- Medically supervised detoxification;
- Intensive residential and outpatient treatment;
- Continued care at sober living facilities;
- Recovery-focused counseling by addiction recovery specialists.
Over the last 22 years, the SIMS Foundation has built a network of specialized treatment with over 70 vetted providers and partner organizations like Seton Mind Institute and Austin Recovery. SIMS licensed clinical staff provide the best possible care for music professionals through careful case management and by working closely with providers, many of whom have worked with SIMS for over ten years.
Our impact is measured in countless healthy relationships, strong coping skills for stress, recovery from alcohol and drug addictions, tools to tackle depression and other serious mental health conditions, and creative and productive relationships with band mates.